27 December 2013

A Glimpse of Fort Macon

First off, I should tell you guys I've spent the holidays with my family--having a really rich time. And I hope all of you have been experiencing the exact same!

Today, while visiting my brother and my sister-in-law, my parents and I were able to be chauffeured to a little land of history we've never visited before: Fort Macon State Park, near Atlantic Beach in North Carolina.

I am a bit of a history lover, especially when it comes to anything even remotely war-like. I'm not someone who has all my history information memorized, but it is a subject that I love learning about.

I'll give more of a "tour" in my next blog post--along with more pictures!--but for now, here's a quickie of me smushed in-between my dad and brother with part of the fort (and a hidden cannon) behind us.

Hope y'all enjoy your weekend! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment