Influenster, for those of you who are clueless right now, is a site that's free to join, where you basically just write reviews for things like beauty products to books to household products. There are other fun things on the site like articles to read, ways to interact with the community, and uh...free full size products and coupons or discounts! If this sounds like your thing, you can sign up (for free, remember?) using my referral link.
Now...down to business!
- Okay, I have to confess something. If you're wondering why is that package of Dove chocolate flat? The answer is: because I ate them all before I could take the picture. Which is to say, I ate them all almost right after I opened the box. I'm going to shame my mom here and say she contributed to this as well. The Dove Fruit was good or else I wouldn't have munched on all of it, but there was a problem. I received the flavor of dark chocolate with blueberries. However, it really just tasted like chocolate covered raisins. Luckily for me, I love chocolate covered raisins. But, why buy some chocolate fruit that tastes like something I love when I can just buy the thing that I love? Sorry, Dove. Raisins > You.
- My absolute favorite from the bunch was the EcoTools Complexion Collection Mattifying Finish Brush. I have a really oily t-zone, and this brush works wonders with pressed powder! It's exactly what I've been looking for. And for $8.99, well, it's a little steep for something I would normally pay (I'm a little cheap when it comes to makeup brushes), I know many of you beauty bloggers would be more than happy with that price!
- The second item I fell in love with right away, Rimmel London Scandeleyes Mascara by Kate Moss, has become my sidekick. The wand was unique and worked in a way that obviously lengthened and brought volume to my lashes. Plus, because it's different, it's just fun! Well worth the $6.99 price!
- Another Kate Moss beauty product left me with no complaints. Especially not for something that has a price tag of $5.49! I applied lip scrub before using the lipstick, and the color went on beautifully and without any difficulty. It also lasted quite a while! So if you're looking for a new lipstick to try out with various colors, I'd suggest Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss!
- The one product I wasn't sure about was the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. It just isn't something I would use, nor would I typically buy--the full size is $13.99--eep! I was gifted with a travel size in the shade of "medium." While I did use it to cover up a bruise on my leg, that's about it. However, my sister-in-law told me she used it while out at the beach in summer months to regularly cover up imperfections and especially varicose veins. I had never thought of that! What a great tip to pass on, no?
- I have only tried out the Not Your Mother's Deja Vu Do Style Extender once, but it did impress me--to an extent. The product, at $9, is supposed to help keep your hair clean so you have more time in-between washes. I like the idea. It's like a one-time dry shampoo that's actually a cream. The first noticeable thing about this hair product is the SMELL. Anyone who uses this will tell you how great it smells. The scent is not overpowering; it's just--right. The problem I had with this is that it didn't really give me any volume and it didn't necessarily extend my "do." I noticed that it did leave my roots a little less oily, which is why I was a little impressed. I love the brand's sea salt spray, and that stuff really works for me, but this product didn't live up to the scent--I mean hype.
Notice any products that you've tried recently? Would you try any of these products? I have a feeling some of you would!
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.