29 September 2016

Review: HoneyColony Equilibrium Energy Superfood

Disclaimer: I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company.


You all know by now that I have a chronic illness that leaves me so fatigued that I have barely any energy (ever). So of course I was excited to be given the opportunity to try out a new product that could possibly improve my energy levels as well as my overall health. My mornings are when I feel my best, but slowly--no, quickly--I go downhill from there. I'm always looking for something that would keep "my best" moving forward throughout the day. That's where the HoneyColony Equilibrium Energy Superfood kicks in for me!


honeycolony energy superfood


The HoneyColony Equilibrium Energy Superfood did seem to give me energy, but at times it was more of a restless energy. The kind where you twiddle your thumbs and shake one of your legs. Like you’re in a doctor’s waiting room. I didn’t really like that part. Other than that, there were days where I could tell I did have lasting energy without the restlessness. Those were definitely good days. I found myself being able to hop on my stationary bike and ride, baby, ride! Okay...even if it was only for 15 minutes or so. That's more than progress for me!

But...please don't let the idea that it made me restless turn you off to the product. I really wonder two things:

  1. If I kept up with it for more than a month, would the restlessness subside?
  2. Was this just a "me" thing?...
The packaging is beautiful and looks quite professional, chic, and fancy. When you open it up however, you think, “What.is.this?” Some kind of yucky caviar knock-off? Ha! It may look a little strange, but trust me, the taste and the ingredients more than make up for it. You would be surprised what all are in this neat looking bottle!
Turmeric, for instance, was a big seller on my end. I was already taking a turmeric capsule for various reasons--one of them being in hopes that it would help my energy levels! ...One less pill for me now that it's included in the Equilibrium Energy Superfood! Hurrah!

The honey taste and SMELL partners well with the overwhelming ginger as well as the other ingredients that you may not taste, but that are definitely working their magic like medicinal mushrooms, blue algae, and prebiotics. Oh! And speaking of honey... included in this jar is 100% raw honey that is "pure, natural, and potent."

I quite enjoyed the taste. If you’re not a big fan of ginger or a strong bite of ginger aftertaste, I think you would need something to eat with this to cover that up with. For me, I smeared a bit of this (about a teaspoon or half a teaspoon) on a piece of toast. But it was just as good on its own!

Would I recommend this? Yes, I would.
I have to applaud HoneyColony for coming up with this superfood! It was a joy to eat, awesome to try out, and something I hope others will try so they can share their experiences with me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment