07 September 2014

{Widened Horizons}

How are you doing today? Any plans for this gorgeous Sunday? (Gorgeous coming from North Carolina, anyway.)

As for yours truly, I've been trying to practice gratitude more. I used to keep a gratitude journal, as so many in the chronic illness community seem to do, and I think I'm going to get back to writing down what I'm thankful for each morning.

I'll share one of my "gratitudes" for today: I'm thankful I woke up refreshed. It's a rare occurrence, and I hope to take advantage of it by being productive today.



Now, I don't know about you but one of the first things I do when I wake up is to drink some water, shake myself awake, and put on some chapstick. I have so many flavors, it's unreal. (But I still love gathering more!) This lavender cocoa lip balm looks to be right up my alley, combining two of my true loves.
lavender cocoa chapstick



I like quirky. And I like pairing quirky with classic or pairing it with something else you wouldn't typically think of meshing. Enter this beautiful vintage ruler bracelet. I can see myself wearing it with a flirty, floral mini dress or an all black jumpsuit. I think what some people consider to be an "odd" accessory can make for a great focal point, and people like myself have figured that out. But seriously...this bangle really is cute.
vintage ruler bracelet bangle eccentric


I love entertaining. My favorite is to have small social gatherings of friends where we drink wine and eat cheeseball and crackers and maybe watch a movie together. (We'll probably get a little tipsy and play a game or two of UNO as well.) The best part of hosting is getting to use little pieces of dinnerware that you never get to use. This serving tray is so delicate-looking and just...well...beautiful! I would love to get my hands on it.
floral serving tray



Purple is undoubtedly my favorite color. So obviously this eyeshadow is a must-have for me. It might even be on your wishlist too! Plus, it's all-natural. eggplant purple eyeshadow



I'm not big on open-shoulder tops, but this one opened my eyes, you could say. It has plenty of details but they don't overwhelm the top or each other. It's really splendid and would look great would jeans or a pencil skirt.
open shoulder top silk



For the owl find, there's this really cute crocheted basket. I've seen some similar before but none this well-made or this adorable!
handmade crocheted owl basket



And finally, speaking of "thank you's" and gratitude...
gratitude grateful quote



Quick Links:





No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment