13 January 2014

Feeling like a Golden Globes Nominee...

So I exaggerated the title a teensy bit. The sentiment is still there. And I have been nominated...


...for the Liebster award! Thanks, Tameka, of Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

For those who are unaware what the Liebster award is, it's an award to help promote new bloggers.
The word Liebster is German and has a few different meanings like dearest, lovely, and valued.

There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.


Here's my set of questions from Tameka followed by my answers:

1. What is most challenging for you when blogging?
I want to always go the extra mile but it's hard whenever you have brain fog or you just don't feel good, which is almost every day for me. I'm sorry, folks!


2. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Red velvet. It's miraculous.


3. Dog or cat?
I'm a total dog person through and through. Even when I was little, when we played "House" and the rest of the girls were in the kitchen "cooking" or rocking a "baby" to sleep or talking on the "phone," I was the pet dog. And I did not believe I was a "dog," I believed I was the real thing. Mostly I was a Lab or a Golden Retriever but sometimes I would be spontaneous and become a Poodle or a spunky Jack Russell. Those were some good times. I think that obsession has grown into me wanting to own all of those dog breeds, not become them. But still...I love me a dog.


4. Flats or Heels?
I love looking at heels more, but in reality, flats are more for me. When I was making my resolutions for this year, I actually started to write something along the lines of, "Wear more heels," but then remembered why I don't--because I can barely stand up for long periods of time barefoot! I'm clumsy, ataxic, prone to seizures and my legs falling out from under me...why would I think heels would be a good idea? So flats it is!


5. What is your favorite season for style (winter, spring, summer or fall)?
Definitely fall. Mostly because I can wear cute cardigans and leggings along with a dress but not have to bulk up with anything more. And I love fall colors. Fall is just the perfect season for everything, really.


6. If you could only eat one meal for a day, would you choose breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Weekend breakfasts, because that's the meal I associate the most with spending time with my family. It's also the meal that makes me think of my mother's awesome homemade cooking. (Although, let's be real, her dinners are to die for.)


7. Coffee or tea?
I recently have picked up coffee again, but tea is and always has been my #1 drink besides water. There are so many flavors and it ranges from being comforting to energizing. I cannot read or go to bed without a hot mug of tea.


8. Who is your favorite fashion designer?
I love the work of Elie Saab. Most of it is so ethereal. So dreamy. Love that!


9. What book are you currently reading?
Right now, I'm slowly making my way through Meg Wolitzer's The Interestings. It's not AS interesting as I'd thought it would be ;)


10. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Lip gloss. Lipstick always makes my lips dry out for some reason, but maybe I just have a habit of picking bad brands. I'm thinking, though, now that I've been using a scrub on my lips before applying any kind of lip product to them, I might just give lipstick another try soon.

11. If you could do one thing to better the world, what would it be?
I don't know if I want to necessarily say eradicate illness, because I don't know where that would put us, but I would like to eminently change the health of others. No one should have to suffer due to an illness to the point where they take their own lives or harbor the idea of doing so every single day.


NOW, here are the bloggers I've nominated for the Liebster award:
1. catch-88.com
2. lifeasart215.blogspot.com
3. isabellasarray.blogspot.com
4. floralandstripes.wordpress.com
5. silverpooloflightgirl.blogspot.com
6. asparklefactor.com
7. krisimiller.com
8. shesgotclassandsass.blogspot.com
9. meaghanmurray.com
10. libraryfool.blogspot.co.uk
11. colourmeclassic.com

AND, the questions I have for all nominated are:
1. How do you deal with stress?
2. What was one of your New Year's resolutions; if you didn't make any, why not?
3. Name your favorite piece of jewelry. Does it have any special meaning to you?
4. Do you have a quote that resonates with you? Post it!
5. What's your favorite genre of book to read?
6. Your favorite type of pajamas?
7. Lace or leather?
8. Handmade present or something name brand?
9. Must-have winter accessory?
10. Music you recently listened to that you consider a "guilty pleasure?"
11. If your life was made into a TV show, who would play you?


Thanks everyone for participating and for having such awesome blogs, seriously. You guys da best.
And thanks once again to Tameka!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment