10 March 2014

{Widened Horizons}

Instead of writing up a Macabre Monday for today, I decided to start off the week with a Widened Horizons post and direct you guys to kick ass Kate's blog (she's the one who began Macabre Mondays!) and let you read her latest Macabre Monday post. It's a guest post, written by Michelle over at Chelle's Inferno, and is all about Italian Horror. If you've never seen Suspiria or any other works by the great Dario Argento, you're in a for a great introduction!

Now, let's launch into yet another Widened Horizons post!

relaxing hammock
This is exactly what I need right now. Doesn't it look absolutely perfect?! For everyone else who is stressed out--I feel you. We just need a hammock party, complete with pink pillows. That's the answer. (Anyone know the original source?)



mango 2013 lookbook outfit
I've been especially taken by Mango lately. The skirt above is calling out my name--for real. Patrycja Gardygajlo looks killer in everything else, too, as part of Mango's November 2013 Lookbook. I never knew I would have a thing for the disheveled look, but this is somewhat more...classy disheveled? Whatever.



funny journal
How about a quirky but simple journal? I've seen those funny E-Cards journals at Walmart, but they're almost a little too juvenile for me. Something like this is ideal because it still can make me (and others) smile without being so showy.



hot air balloon leggings
Love LOVE LOVE these magical, mysterious hot air balloon leggings. You have the people who find printed leggings cheesy and you have the people who can't resist them. (And then you have me, the girl who is more apt to wear printed dresses than leggings, but still meshes them together from time to time.) I don't know when the right time would be to break these babies out, but if you love something enough, when isn't the right time?



unique upcycled retro phone
Gotta have it. Must have it. This upcycled rotary phone is too cute for its own good. I would be calling everyone in the phone book so I could have my hands on this precious little gem all the time. I might have to call everyone now, though, just to see if they'd donate towards the cost of the phone!



dogwood embroidery
Although I've tried my hand at embroidery a few times, I just don't think it's the right craft for me. Mine always looks sloppy and child-like. But something as beautiful as this embroidered blossomed dogwood tree really makes me want to try again. Or...buy it and just stare at it for hours. Even though there's really no blue in my room, I think I could still make it work, especially since the dogwood is the state flower for North Carolina!



entrap ring
This ring is just so stunning. Dubbed "Entrap," this armor ring is so unique and so reasonably priced ($30) that I have to keep going back to the etsy page to make sure it's real. This is definitely going to be my next accessory buy!



I know you've been patiently waiting for it--the OWL FIND.
owl bamboo iphone case
Although I have a 5c, which isn't covered in the options for this beautiful laser engraved case, I still wanted to share it with you all. It's different from so many of the owl phone cases I come across, and it's a jaw-dropping piece of work that you can carry around with you at all times! Magnifique!



Quick Links:


No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment