10 May 2015

Happy Mother's Day to Mine and Yours and You

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there keeping it real through the rough times, through the glorious times, and through it all.

I like to brag about my mom a lot because, well she's my mom, but also because I've never met anyone else like her.

my beautiful mom

We have that kind of bond where it's friendship, but it never crosses the line into us giggling and gossiping and having sleepovers--you know what I mean? She's not the cool mom from the movie Mean Girls. She's my friend, but she's my mother. And I love her for being able to play both parts without getting carried away with one or the other.

twins mother
Back when we accidentally dressed alike

I've made a post about my mother before: Letter to My Mother  and touched on her lovely energy a few times in other Lyme disease posts, especially mentioning how she so selflessly cares for me. Yes, I often feel like a burden on her. But does she ever let on to that? No. Having a chronic illness really does put strain on everyone, and if you say it doesn't affect those around you, you're a liar. I've seen my mom cry because of me. Straight up bawl. But I've also seen how strong she is; the strength that emanates from that woman is a divine light, let me tell you.

My mother is beautiful in all sorts of ways.
I love seeing her garden. How passionately she digs into the soil to allow a new life to flourish.
She did the same by giving birth to me, and I can never repay her for that.

Instead, all I can say to her and all the other mothers reading this is that I am grateful for you.

So Mom, if you read this, I love you. I cherish all the moments we spend together. Not one thing you do ever goes unnoticed. And I appreciate you more than you know.

Happy Mother's Day xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment