13 January 2015

Playlist: "Underneath Silence"

Under 



I've been listening to a lot of music lately, and it's inspired me to write.
Short things, usually. Typically poems.
I can't write and listen to music at the same time, but the atmosphere of the songs linger. That leaves me capable of putting the moods down onto paper. In my own way, in my own voice.

I found a few songs that I have listened to and enjoyed, but not written to yet. I'm going to do that today. Maybe you can be up for the challenge too?

For instance, sometimes a particular part of a song will remind you of some memory. One time a song took me back to a Valentine's Day date at Olive Garden and how much I still cherished that memory. I wrote down everything I could remember about that day and my feelings toward it--pretty much just letting every word flow, not overthinking it--and then I looked at what I had already written and turned all those feelings and words into a poem. Let me know if you do try or want more advice on how to get started! 


As for the songs...


I love the vocals in this song oh so much! "At Home" does remind me of a few different songs combined, but maybe that's what makes it so enjoyable.





And... This is recently one of my favorites, but for some reason, the beginning reminds me of "Where Is My Mind" by the Pixies. Also, CLAPPING.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment