14 June 2016

Playlist: "Breathe Happy"

A Sunflower's Dream


How HOT has it been as of late? 
I can barely justify going outside right now because of the heat. So like the hermit I am, I've been doing nothing but watching movies, reading, and yes--turning up some tunes! (And the AC.)

So with that being said, let's just see what I've been listening to...




The Dø have come out with some great songs. And this is one of them! Olivia Merilahti's voice is just beautiful. Just beautiful. And while the song has a sense of gloominess to it, it is overshadowed by purity. 







This song, "Full Circle," by Half Moon Run is not new but certainly new to me. It's very indie-folk and honestly, reminds me of something Band of Horses would be singing; it's similar and that's not a bad thing by any means.







Okay, when you start listening to this one, you'll think...this sounds familiar. And you're right! It's a cover of Jennifer Paige's "Crush" from the '90s. But amped up. And I love it.







Even though the lyrics of this song clearly say, "I'm not gonna leave the best for last," I might just be doing so. This song makes me so happy; it's catchy and dreamy and if you don't want to get up and dance to it, then at least do like me--sway your head while you're lying in bed ha!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment